VISIT THE LARGEST TRANSPORTATION MUSEUM IN ASIA
Museum Angkut has been opened since 2014 and this place is becoming the transportation and education tourism in East Java. The location is at Jl. Terusan Sultan Agung Nomor 2, Ngaglik, Kecamatan Batu, Batu City, East Java. If you depart from Surabaya, you just need to go to Malang through by pass. Then, you can go to the north to Alun-Alun Batu City or Square. In Batu, you will feel the chilling and also cold wind since it is located in the mountain slope. The city square is only about 10 minutes to the place.
This place is one of the tourism centers developed by Jawa Timur group. Beside this place, you can go to Jatim Park 1, Jatim Park 2 containing of Animal Museum and Batu Secret Zoo, Predator Fun Park, Eco Green Park, Batu Night Spectacular and more. The entrance ticket is different for weekdays and weekend. Meanwhile, the operational hours for this place is from 12 p.m to 8 p.m. Children whose the height is about 85cm or more will pay the entrance fee in full amount.
If you bring several types of camera such as Handycam, Digital camera, DSLR and Polaroid, you will pay additional amount except for smartphone. There are several zones you can visit in this museum such as:
- Main Hall zone; When you first go inside the place, you will be taken to the car collection and also classic motors from all over the world. This might be the best zone for classic car and motor lovers. In the second floor, you will see the replica of President’s Plane and inside it, you will see the complete facilities from bedroom, bar and meeting room.
- Education zone; This zone will show you about the history and the development of transportation from the bicycle, train to electrical car.
- Chinatown and Batavia zone: Here, you will enter the outdoor area and you will be taken to the era before independence with the traditional touch.
- Gangster and Broadway street zone; in this zone, you will be taken to abroad. This zone reflects California and New York which is so famous with Broadway and gangster.
- Las Vegas zone; This zone is full with entertainment and you can see what mini Las Vegas looks like without going to United States.
- Europe zone; This zone will show you about transportation used in Europe in the past until now from Rolls Royce, Volkswagen and Vespa.
- Buckingham Palace; This is the replica of Buckingham Palace in England and you will see the transportation used by the Royal Family and others.
- Hollywood zone; This is the last zone of this place and you will see the development of movies along with transportation used in the movies with some superhero figures.
You can visit the Museum Angkut in Batu Malang which is the only one in Asia or perhaps, the world.